Thursday 7 April 2016

My Defining Moment

My Defining Moment   

When i think of a defining moment in my life i think of a moment that i had to work for and i love doing. I started playing lacrosse when i was 4 years old and right there i knew that it was the sport for me. I have made many great memories in lacrosse but i feel like this moment was different from the rest. We just qualified threw to make it to the Ontario summer games in Windsor, Ontario, so we were going in as the underdogs. There is only six teams out of all of Ontario that make it threw to summer games and you also only get a chance at it once considering it happens every other year and only in the midget age group. We had to play every team once and then there was the semi finals and the finals. Our team came in hot and ended up going undefeated which no one expected. We had to play Burlington in the finals and they had been the best team in Ontario the whole year. This had to be the most intense game i have ever played in. every goal that was scored there was one to follow it right after, big hits, the pace of the game was surreal and we all only had one thing in mind, gold. which us as minors, had never won before. We ended up going to overtime and we netted 3 home quick making it a pretty much done deal. The moment the last buzzer went, i have never seen my friends happier than that moment, it was a moment that turned a group of friends into brother's and created bonds that will never be broken. I think that this accomplishment for me has a bigger impact in my life than just winning, it made me realize that good things come from hard work and dedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment