Monday 4 April 2016

I would be...

If my ancestors did not imigrate to Canada I would be living life in germany


My family comes from lots of places in Europe. My mom’s family has roots in Scotland and England, and my dads family has roots in Germany and possibly the united States. I will focus on my roots from germany.


According to my dad’s cousin in Alberta, my great-grandfather Mathias Guldner immigrated to Saskatchewan in 1929. He was 24. She’s not sure if my great-grandfather came from Austria or maybe Belgrade, Serbia. We just know that he talked German. I don’t know the reason why my great-grandfather left, but many Germans who came to Saskcatchewan did so because they already new people there. This was the case for my great grandfather.


Below is the immigration record for my great grandfather.


Given name:
Mathias
Age:
24
Sex:
M
Nationality:
Ju
Date of arrival:
1929/04/27 (YYYY/MM/DD)
Port of arrival:
Halifax , Nova Scotia
Ship:
DRESDEN , North German Lloyd
Reference:
RG76 - IMMIGRATION, series C-1-b
Volume:
1929 volume 9
Page:
192
Microfilm reel:
T-14820


Life in Germany is good. The unemployment rate is 4.5%, so most likely I’d have a job (wikipedia). People in Germany value education, and university education is free. This is better than Canada. 6 of the world’s top universities are in Germany (wikipedia).  There is good healthcare in germany. “Germany has long had the most restriction-free and consumer-oriented healthcare system in Europe. Patients are allowed to seek almost any type of care they wish whenever they want it.” (wiki) Also there are lots of rights and freedoms in Germany now that the Nazis aren’t in power.  Because of Germanys good employment rate, education and health systems, and rights and freedoms, my life would be good in germany.
Works Cited


Email from Donna Kloet
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Germany

Go to this link to see the rubric with specific explanations.


No comments:

Post a Comment