Wednesday 6 April 2016

Defining Moment


I've thought long and hard about a moment that really impacted my life. But honestly, I couldn't think of one. I don't play sports anymore, I'm not into any clubs or have a real passion for something right now. I then remembered back to when I was 11 years old, driving on the highway in California. I was surrounded by all of the beautiful mountains and of course there was the Hollywood sign. As cliché as it sounds, that was the moment I realized I need to be grateful for everything and everyone I have in my life. There I was, in California for my second time at a pretty young age. There's people out there who don't get to travel anywhere. They don't get to see different parts of the world and what it has to offer. I haven't been to that many places but I'm thankful for everywhere I have been, and just the fact that it was possible for me to go. Now this wasn't a huge defining moment and it didn't change my life, but it was an eye opener for me and made me look at things a little differently. I'd rather be grateful for the opportunities I do have, than sit around and wait for something "better".

No comments:

Post a Comment