Tuesday 5 April 2016

Defining Moment

A defining moment in my life all started about a year ago when I was selected to play in the Tri-City Top 40 basketball camp held in Waterloo. I was scouted through grade 10 playing basketball for the ODSS Bears and then I was invited to attend their camp which started in May of grade 10. I was fairly nervous to go to this camp because there was a lot of great talent that would be there and a couple of scouts watching on the sidelines. The camp was 3 days long of hard work and filled with intensity. After each day, I would be exhausted and my body would be sore but I knew I had to keep pushing and giving it everything I had. While I was there, they would put us through intense circuits through out the day and at the end of each day, we would have full 32 minute games. The camp really left a huge impact on me not just on the basketball side of things, but it really motivated me to start getting fit and working out. A couple days after the camp, I decided it was time for me to start to working out and to improve on many things like speed, endurance, strength and so on. So from that May until the next basketball season, I trained everyday focusing on improving my basketball skills and getting fit. When the grade 11 basketball season started, I could really notice my improvement and I was ready to began competing against seniors. Overall, that basketball camp has motivated me to work hard and to this day, I have continued following that mindset.


 

1 comment:

  1. That basketball camp sounds intense. I hope they were feeding you lots of food! It's always nice to hear students take their health seriously and make good decisions about what food to eat. I'm glad that you were able to take your basketball experience, and apply it to your daily life.

    ReplyDelete